Friday 8 October 2010

5 weeks of no smoking!!

I have been a non smoker for 5 whole weeks today. It has been a lot easier than the last few times I've quit and I haven't strayed at all. I used to go around to a friends house and have a coffee and a fag. She consciously made the effort not to smoke around me in the first couple of weeks but now I can sit with her while she smokes and not even want any. I've even been out drinking and not smoked, which is a miracle!!

It has had negative effects on me though. My chest feels rough every morning and I've struggled with severe constipation for the last 3 and a half weeks. After 2 weeks of taking laxatives and a week using suppositories I can safely say that is not the case anymore. I'm hoping now that's the end of any more problems in that area! I have also gained weight, which I'm really not happy about!! But hopefully I can get back into my exercising and lose it again.

I've used the money I've saved to treat myself to a couple of new tops.

No comments:

Post a Comment